Re: [IP] Re: basal rates and carb/insulin ratio

If this person is not going to recognize that this disease can NOT be
    pifeon holed into nice neat > places then she is in the wrong business!
Sylvia's right!     Zachary has currently got 7 different basils programmed
and we just recently switched all snacks and meals accept breakfast to
the same carb/insulin ratio.    For a while there were 4 different ratios
and I';m sure that will change again when school starts and he's not
swimming the day away.

At one point in our first month of pumping, the Endo had us up to 15 basils
programmed in.    We were doing the hourly back and forth from midnight
till 8AM as one rate was too  high and the other was too low.    As she
put it "that's why the pump is programmed to accept up to 48 different
basil settings per 24 hours".

As a parent, we HAVE TO BE our child's advocate-----we know them best!
As adults, we need to become our own advocate----we know ourselves best!
And as I counceled new moms many times over the years---------Doctor's
aren't Gods!    Their word isn't Gospel.    Stand up for yourself and be sure
to Follow your heart!

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO