[IP] high protein diets

Figured with all the discussion about high protein
diets that I would look for some info about it...some
of what I found is at the end of this post. What I
found interesting was the warnings about ketosis and
calcium loss. There is also much discussion of the
kidney function issue....main point of it seems to be
if you have existing kidney function loss OR have a
disease that can eventually contribute to kidney
damage on its own (i.e. diabetes b/c of high blood
sugars and other issues), then a high protein diet may
work in the short run, but contribute to damage in the
long run.

Here are the links with the organization they are from
above them.......if they wrap to more than one line,
you may have to cut and paste them into your browser
rather than just click. Read the info and decide for
yourself with input from your medical team what works
for you.....

Australian Diabetes Assc

Boston University

American Heart Association

ivillagethis one talk a lot about ketones

Johns Hopkins

Do You Yahoo!?