[IP] sugar alcohols...was RE: Keto bars

 SNIP: <<the 22 gms. of alcohol sugar will put your
blood sugar on Mars -- the sneaky part is
that it takes hours to do it.

Haven't noticed alcohol sugars making my BGs
high...but that could be because if I get much more
that the 1 or 2 grams found in say sugarfree chewing
gum in my system that I have....well, bowel problems
to put it nicely. YMMV. At one point I noticed a label
for a candy or cookie with sugar alcohols warn not to
give it to young children as the sugar alcohol could
cause severe diarrhea and dehydration. Anyone else
have this kind of trouble with sugar alcohols
(manitol, sorbitol, etc.)?

Do You Yahoo!?