Re: [IP] Difference between 507C and 508

When the warranty expires on the 508's, they don't immediately explode into a
pile of dust do they? (sorry for the metaphor, I just watched a Buffy The
Vampire Slayer episode)

As long as they keep functioning, why replace them?   I'd be more concerned if
they had problems shortly after the warranty expires.   Anyone have any data on
their expected life span?