It all depends what state you live in and what type of Medicaid you have.

Here in Michigan there are many different types of Medicaid and I have had 2
of the 3 types.  I started out with the state medical program which covered
doctor visits and prescriptions.  I then had Medicaid for the 20% that my
Medicare did not cover (in essence a Medigap policy) and it did NOT cover any
medication - but it did pay Medicare premiums.

I then went back to work and was taken off Medicaid almost immediately.  In
Michigan you cannot make over 400 a month and I make more than that in a week.