[IP] Re: Surgery Wednesday

In a message dated 7/15/02 3:17:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject: [IP] Surgery Wednesday....HELP!!!
 I just found out this morning that I will be having surgery on my right foot
 Wednesday.   Can those
 of you that have been there done that give me any advice.
I had surgery on my foot last Friday Morning.  Talked with the Sleepoligist
before hand and he said, please leave the pump on and try to have fasting BS
at about 150.
  I was 106 when I came out of surgery.  However, since Friday afternoon - my
BS have been running high.  I have upped the basals but still running a
little higher than normal.  No other signs of infection.  I have changed
sites, but will change to new bottle of insulin tonight - see if that helps.
Any other ideas that might cause BS to be high??