----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 6:14 PM
Subject: [IP] MEDICAID

> Hey all !
> I have some questions about Medicaid(I JUST GOT APPROVED on FRIDAY) !
> What all does Medicaid cover as far as diabetes......Insulin, Pump,
> Blood Sugar machine and strips?
> The case worker told me she did not think Medicaid covered Insulin, but I
> thought that was CRAZY !
> Does Medicaid cover visits to the Eye Doctor? I had an exam about 3 months
> ago and was told I am starting to hemmorhage(SP?) and he said I will need
> laser surgery soon, so was wondering if it pays for that ?
> Thanks for any info!

Hi Gina,

Medicaid DOES cover insulin. They cover all pump supplies (a limited amount,
true) and they do cover eye visits (1 a year). I do not know about eye
surgery though...I think that they do. (They paid for my toenails to be
removed, so I can't think why they wouldn't pay for eye surgery). If you
have any questions their phone number is 1-800-662-9651. They will be more
than happy to answer any questions. Each state varies on their coverage so
unless I knew if you were from Utah, it would be hard to give you all the
specifics. Sorry

Cherry & Shrieking Shrew