Re: [IP] Constant High BG after Exercise

Harvey Sydnor <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Almost everyone still
> produces some insulin to some extent, unless you are one the one's who
> 100+ units of insulin a day. That's why everyones basal rates and ratio's
> are different, depending on the amount of insulin they are currently
> producing.

Not so.  Type 1 diabetics ultimately produce no insulin because they have no
beta cells in the pancreas.  Those who require that much insulin may *also*
have insulin resistance.

Basal rates differ because each person is unique in the number of insulin
ports in the muscle tissue, the rate of absorption, etc. etc. etc.  The
human body is far too complex to have such a simple explanation.

Jim Handsfield