Re: [IP] Constant High BG after Exercise

It's implied for those who do produce some insulin.  Almost everyone still
produces some insulin to some extent, unless you are one the one's who take
100+ units of insulin a day. That's why everyones basal rates and ratio's
are different, depending on the amount of insulin they are currently
producing.

> Did you intend to imply that people who experience this are still
producing
> insulin?   If I had known that my low blood sugar habits were causing me
not to
> produce insulin, I'd have been cured years ago.  <grin>
>
> -Brentm
>
> --- Harvey Sydnor <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > I do.  There is a particular name for this, which escapes me now, but
that
> > is why endo's want you to test periodically at 3:00 am to see if you are
> > experiencing this effect.  *****  When you experience a very low low,
your
> body
> > shuts down all production of insulin ******, then empties the blood
cells of
> > glucose to counteract the low by bringing your BG up again. I'll have a
low
> > of about 40 something, then the next thing you know I'm in the 200's.
Guess