[IP] Surgery Wednesday....HELP!!!

I just found out this morning that I will be having surgery on my right foot
Wednesday.  My endo is out of town so I can't get any advice from him on what
to do.  I got into it with the nurse at the docs office b/c I asked if they
would call my doc about diabetes stuff or if I was responsible for getting
that information.  She ,kinda rudely, informed me that the anesta. doc would
take care of all of my diabetes and blood sugars, no need to call me endo!!!!
 I TOLD her I would be calling my endo and I or my dad would be taking care
of my blood sugars and insulin unless we hear from the endo.  I am scared to
death of surgery in general but with the diabetes I am even worse.  Can those
of you that have been there done that give me any advice.

Thanks in Advance