Re: [IP] Re: basal rates and carb/insulin ratio

12:00am - 2:00 am 1.75 u/hour
2:00am - 5:30am 1.00 u/hour
5:30am - 9am 1.65 u/hour
9am - 2:30pm 1.15 u/hour
2:30pm - 10pm 1.8 u/hour

This is my basal schedule at the moment.  I don't vary my carbo ratio, but I do
use different amounts of insulin at varying points of the day.   For some
reason my body tends to run hot during the morning and in the early evening,
hence the large rates during those periods of time.

I don't know why a CDE would have a problem with fine tuning of basals.  A guy
I work with (another pumper) thinks I'm crazy for having 5 of them.  Each body
does what it wants, so why not make the pump work the same way?   Seems logical
to me.