[IP] Re: basal rates and carb/insulin ratio

I've been on a MM 508 for almost 3 yrs and am now working with a MM nurse educator to fine tune. She is having a problem with my being on about 10 different basal rates ( I seem to need 1/2 unit increments - 4.5 etc, not 4 or 5). She also has a problem with my needing different ratio of insulin to carbs at 3 meals - I need less with breakfast, which is more complex carbs, more at lunch which is a lot of fruit and more traditional 1:15 with dinner. I know I need to be flexible to work with her to try to avoid many of the lows I am experiencing, but I also need to feel that individual needs may not be that crazy. Any one else have similar ratios or multiple basals? Brynn