Re: [IP] Atkins Trashing

At 09:41 AM 7/15/2002 email @ redacted wrote:
 >We already know how you stand which is to be expected from any one who works
 >full time for the Federal Government.  If you want a Study wqhy don't you
 >CDC to fund one showing just how many people die of heart attacks and other
 >problems that are puported tto be caused by that diet.  In otherword put
 >money where your mouth is.

First of all, Jim doesn't run the CDC, he's just one of their employees and
doesn't make policy. Second, making blanket statements about any group,
including government employees is usually guaranteed to be wrong for most
individuals within that group. In other words, lets not tar one person
based on a stereotype.

Everyone is allowed to have their own personal opinions, as long as they
don't personally attack others, stay on topic or provide potentially
harmful/dangerous advice. I'm very sure that Jim Handsfield speaks for
himself, not the CDC when he posts on this list.

This topic comes up periodically and often stirs up the worst emotions in
many members. Let's please step back and think carefully before posting
here. I'd recommend that members look at
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/netiquette.shtml for more information about
our rules.

Sam Skopp