Re: [IP] Humalog vs. Novolog

I have found, as others have, that for some reason
Novolog doesn't work
well on really high highs.  ........

I just finished my first bottle of Novolog and my BS
averages are down about 10%. I didn't change any
boluses nor basals. Changing to novolog had to be one
of the easiest ways to tweak those BS numbers down,
but.......I had a real hard time with the high sugars
during my preperiod/perimenopausal time. BS's  in the
300's just wouldn't budge. After changing sites, using
injections, using a new bottle, increasing basals 10%,
and cutting back on the Carbs over a 5 day period, I
had very little luck getting them down. Could it have
been the Novolog?????? I was so forward to having a
low A1c and this episode probably blew it. Any
suggestions? I thought I may either inject Humalog
during this time or just switch back to humalog once a
month. peg

Do You Yahoo!?