From: Deborah [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 7:49 PM
To: Insulin-pumpers
Subject: [IP] lost basal rates

Hi all,

I haven't post in a long time, but here goes.

My daughter Eve, who is 15, call from Girl Scout camp(3 hours way, near
Iron River, WI.)earlier tonight that something happened to her pump(mm 508).
The batteries went dead all of a sudden and she lost all her basal rates. We
had packed 1 set of extra batteries and I saw no problem. Well.....she
needed
to know what her basal rate were. She said look in my last log book. I did
and she hadn't listed any basal rates. NOW WHAT!!

I did find some basal rates that she had when she was on the CGSM in May. I
know that most of them had changed, the dr. had lowered them. But how much?
I kinda backed figured and they may be a little lower then before. But she
has basal rates now.

I just don't know how to make her keep her log book up and in date. I have
told/suggest that she needs to keep this up dated. Everytime she has changed
basals I have wanted her to record the basal rated but she won't do it. She
says I can just look at the pump.

Do other parents have this some problem with your teens?

Deborah mom to Eve 15, and her pump Zoe
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99
Hope that the batteries last until Thursday night.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com