Re: [IP] Basal to TDD

In a message dated 7/14/2002 6:56:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We have been trying to check my son's basal rate.  I keep going down
>  on this. Anyway, I  have read that the basal rate is usually 45-60% of
>  the TDD.  We are at about 30%.  What  are others  experiences?
Like everything with diabetes, there is a lot of individual variability --
especially with kids & teens.  My 11 year old is well into puberty and her
TDD varies significantly depending on what her hormones are doing (puberty
wise), if she's in a growth spurt, how carb-laden her food choices for the
day seem to be, and what her levels of exercise are . . . so her basals can
range anywhere from 30-70% of TDD

Pumpmama to katie