In a message dated 7/14/2002 6:45:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> new to pumping and have a general question, when changing
>  the infusion set....i use the quick set with my paradigm pump, and i was
> just
>  wondering how you guys "tear off" the cannula/circular part once its time
>  take it off...i usually use my thigh as my infusion site, and it kinda
>  when i have to take it off, its really stuck on there....do you guys have
> any
>  techniques??

My daughter uses Unisolve wipes (they come in little individual packets.  we
order them with the rest of our pump supplies from our pump company).  She
wipes all over the top  of white circle of the Quick-Set tape and around the
edges of it too.  Then she waits a bit (how long depends on how patient she
feels -- maybe 15-60 seconds).  The Unisolve dissolves the adhesive the comes
one the set (AND the extra Mastisol adhesive we use to keep her sets on, even
when she spends lots of time in the water).  So, once it's done it's thing
she can just peel up the edges of the  tape and simply lift the set away from
her skin -- no pulling at all . . . She even uses Unisolves to remove
stubborn bandages now -- it works great and it's really helped to keep her
sensitive skin in great shape.

Pumpmama to Katie (11) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since