Re: [IP] Nasty Daughter

In a message dated 7/14/02 7:11:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> For someone (a kid?) to be able to mention a low "as a possibility" might
> imply that they are familiar with that type of situation.

That's what I've been thinking throughout this whole thread.  I don't think
anyone in my whole family would recognize a low (or a high) if they saw one.
I am in the process of teaching my 8 yr old daughter about my pump so that
she could help me if needed.  I've tried to get my husband and older son
involved (long before now) but they just dont seem to get it :-(  I would be
absolutely thrilled if any one of them recognized symptoms of a low and
prodded me to do something about it.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the
frustration and anger of having your diabetes "used against you", just be
glad that your daughter knows enough about you to help you out of you need it.