>>> Have a question what is NPH? So
far (2 1/2 yrs) I have had no problem with Nation Diabetics

NPH is a longer-acting insulin (peaks about 8 hours). It was the *new*
insulin in 1950 that we used in conjunction with Regular once a day. No carb
counting, no adjustments to BGs as we didn't do home BGs. NPH sometimes
chooses to peak at different, unpredictable times. Lente, Ultra Lente, and
Lantus are much longer acting.

Most pumpers use the *instant-acting* Humalog or Novolog to make it more
like *real time*.

People are like tea bags - you have to put them in hot water before you know
how strong they are