[IP] RE: Nasty Daughter

I really HATE when family members do this.  My initial reaction would be to
kill her now, but there is something you can do to re-train her or anyone
else who uses that line!  (Of course, in hindsight, you can get more
creative about what an appropriate response should have been, but the way I
handled a similar situation seemed to be pretty effective.)

Something similar happened to me a while back.  My response was:  "Fine, but
if its normal, you're not off the hook.  You have to agree to: [insert
punishment here, in my case it was $20].

When I tested normal, it cost them.  With an appropriate response, people
quickly learn that comments like that are usually not appropriate.  In most
cases, being able to respond this way usually convinces people that there
isn't even need to test.