[IP] Site Change

I endured BGs in the high 300 and 400s over the last
couple of weeks before I discovered I had an insertion
site infection.  Even after changing the site (have
been using my stomach exclusively all these pumping
years) my BGs still were spiking.

I finally decided to try a new-to-me site - and
plugged my pump into the "love-handle" area above my
hipbone.  WOW!  I was a bit concerned using the micro
(6 mm) set that it wouldn't be long enough - but have
found that to NOT be a concern for me.

I cycled to the top of Vail pass yesterday (barely
made it - so am not bragging!!!).  No spikes like I
was experiencing on the tennis court recently.  I was
low for the rest of the day like I am used to
experiencing post exercise.

My point here is - even moving the site from one spot
on my stomach to another didn't fix the infection
side-effect of low-absorption.  Moving to a new body
part has not only fixed that problem but given me a
whole new area to turn into ground hamburger!! :-)

-gail in denver
dx 02/14/72.  T1.  No complications, but am saddle
sore today.

Do You Yahoo!?