[IP] Insulin resistance and weight gain.

Since I am highly insulin resistant (over 500 units a day before adding oral
meds) I can give you a very simple answser.

Insulin is a hormone that unlocks cells like a key in order to provide
nourishment.  And, according to my doctor the insulin and the oral
medications I take have a side effect of making us crave carbohydrates that
much more. We tend to take in more carbs, take more insulin with the result
that  the glucose goes into the cells and if it is not burned up in exercise
the remaining glucose is stored as fat.

I did fairl well on a treadmill until I developed  trochantar bursitis in my
hips.  I'm now looking at swimming to help.

I went from 200 lbs on a high protein diet with oral medications to being
250 right now.  When I took 500 units of insulin a day I tipped the scales
at 270.   My college weight was 165.

Hope this helps.