[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #456

I am new to pumping, since March 02, and I have a
problem that I hope someone can answer.  Thursday when
I disconnected to shower I noticed a little blood in
the line when I re-connected the infusion set.  Later
my BS were a little high and checked to see if the
line was clear and insulin was coming out the needle,
I reset the infusion into a new spot and it seemed
fine.  This morning I was really high so I completely
changed the tubing.  I have a new battery in and
plenty of insluin in the cartridge, but I do not seem
to hear the screw turning to give the basal.  I will
keep a close watch on it today and make sure all is
well.  Have I done everything I need to do?  I did a
bolus and could feel the insulin going in.  I have a
Dana Diabicare II pump.

Ivy Randel

Do You Yahoo!?