Re: [IP] Low blood sugar thread

In a message dated 7/13/02 4:54:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  But like the past
> thread, it was scary to new pumpers or newly diagnosed diabetics. I am
> afraid
> that this may scare others to the point they don't want to begin pumping or
> whatever their case would be. Sharon B

That would be very unfortunate.....then we shouldn't discuss pump failure,
severe highs, site failure, air bubbles, or anything else that might be
perceived as *negative* and *scarey*....and that would be a shame because
this is a nasty disease whether we like it or not....I have always believed
that education is power and the more we know about the challenges we face the
more equipped we are to handle them....I keep thinking of the funeral for the
young boy I attended last summer and his precious parents who had never been
told to check at night or what *dead in bed* was.....knowledge is