Re: [IP] creatnine

Jeanne
 Creatnine is a direct indicator of kidney function, there are several
things that can affect this, but generally  it should be a consistant #,
as for when dialysis is started, that depends on other lab values,
especially the differrent electrolytes,  as kidney function decreases,
so does the ability to filter, which is a main function of the kidney's.
 So if it were me i would ask my doc questions such as, why is this
hapening?  is there anything i can do to improve what is going on, and
ask him about dialysis, or is this a temporary impairment, if you have a
question ask, and if you think of something before hand, write it down
and take your list of questions with you and ask, ask, ask, and if you
are having trouble understanding what he is telling you tell him to
break it down to laymans terms.  Good luck           Scott

>>> email @ redacted 06/19/02 10:40AM >>>
Okay having some scary stuff happen and I don't quite understand all of
it.  I do have an appointment with the nephrologist on Friday and I am
having a nuclear medicine study done today.  My creatnine is jumping
like crazy.  In April it was 2.8, last week it was 3.8, this week it is
4.6.  I have learned that with me when I have pain in my kidneys it is
related to my neprhotic syndrome and apparently is not a typical
symptom.  But with me when there is pain, the kidney function is getting
worse.  So my question to all of you is, what does all of this mean?  I
am not sure even the questions to ask the doctor on Friday.  I am just
very scared.  At what number do they "typically" start dialysis?  Any
clue what else would cause my creatnine to be rising so quick?  I am not
asking for medical advice just real life input to get my brain working
in the right direction.  I feel like a deer in headlights right now.
Jeanne
type 1 3/83
pump 3/98