Re: [IP] Frequency of Site Changes

> They recommend you change your site every 3 days (which I do religiously)
> due to possibility of infections at the site. I only fill my resevoir for
> days worth to make myself change it every 3 days.  I don't wanna push it
> find out later that it's infected.

Actually, I have never seen site changes every 3 days recommended by a
medical professional. Both Endos I've had since pumping and 2 different CDEs
have all strongly recommended changing sites every 2 days. The reason they
have given is that the site is less effective on the third day. Even the
Novolog web site  (prescribing information) states that the CSII infusion
site should be change every 48 hours or less.

I think this is a case of "best practice" vs. practical reality. It is easy
for the medical profession to recommend the "best practice" but it is more
difficult for us to implement it.