[IP] Re: Bs numbers and thyroid issues

Does your doctor think your thyroid could be hyper or hypo?  When I was
first diagnosed with Graves Disease (a few months after my Type 1
diagnosis 27 years ago), which is a hyperactive thyroid, my blood sugars
ran high.  When you have a hypoactive thyroid, usually your numbers are
better (i.e., lower TDD), because both insulin and thyroid are hormones
that tend to affect each other.

If you tend to have a hyperactive thyroid, that could account for your
higher Hba1c.