[IP] Lifescan meters

Hi everyone--just wondering what people's experiences with Lifescan meters
are.  I have heard some bad things about them but am having to change to
Lifescan because it is the only meter whose test strips my new insurance
company (Pacificare...grrrr) will cover.  (It burns me up that I have three
different brands of meters--one favorite, two backups--that are now sort of
useless because I can't afford the test strips without a prescription.)  Do
the people who use Lifescan meters like them?  My main meter is an Accu-Chek
Advantage and I love it, but I'm going to have to get used to this one.  Does
Lifescan have meters from which you can download your sugars into some