Re: [IP] swimming tips

I swim and I use Insta-Glucose which is a cherry-flavored jell. (It's not a bad
consistency - it's like clear cake frosting). It comes in a tube that looks
like a tooth paste tube only smaller. It's 24 grams of carb which one doctor
thought was too much but I disagree. When I'm having a low, I really want a
bunch of carbs especially when I'm swimming.

The tube is completely water proof. I put a paper "bull clip" on the end of it
and then put a chain on  the bull clip and put it around my neck and tuck it
into my suit just in case it comes off the chain. I've never had that happen
though.

I put a picture of it on my web site if you want to see what I mean.
http://www.kinzelman.com/diabetes/glucose.html

When I swim at the YMCA I take a clear plastic bottle of sugar water and place
it at the end of the lap lane.  The life guards just think it's plain water.