[IP] Rebounds and Highs after Lows

Sherry C wrote:
>>> And I hate that I always seem to eat too much when I feel low and later
run high. So I bascially feel crappy for hours after some of the more
drastic ones.>>>

When you know you overeat, why not bolus a bit to cover those extra carbs to
avoid that rollercoaster? I know it's hard to control the hunger when you're
in that position, but some insulin - even a delayed (squared) bolus over a
half-an-hour or hour would control that. YMMV (~_^)

\(/ Jan (63 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Blu

I know you are right. This is something I need to work on. I guess it is fear. When I come out of a sweaty, shaky, disoriented low I am afraid to bolus. I don't even want to think about it. Then it also seems like I just KEEP rising. So I think I must be fighting the carbs I eat AND the liver kicking in? I had one the other day in the 30's late in the evening. I ate a big bowl of icecream.  I know, not smart. But that's what sounded good at the time and my dizzy ol' self just did it. I tested about two hours later and was in the 300's so I bolused just over half what I thought I needed. I was too afraid to go low again, and too tired to stay up all night retesting. So of course when I woke up again in the around 2 or 3, I was still way up there. This is something I need to work on.  I need to take better care of myself than this.

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
I guess it's good to have a goal :)