[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #455

> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:09:04 -0500
> From: Sherry Compton <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: Low blood sugars
> Boone,
> I have also had some as low as 18 or 19.  I think the time the EMT's came it was 16.  But every meter is different, huh?
> What scares me is that they don't seem to have a pattern.  One day I will find myself at 20 or so and feel fine.  Another day I'm 40 or 50 and having mondo-reactions. I guess it matters how fast the drop was.
> Since I don't understand it, it's hard to explain to my husband or coworkers.  I have tried explaining what is a good number and what isn't, but even they see that the numbers don't always match the symptoms.  It's also scary that my last 20 came when I
> tested right before I was planning to drive to a luncheon.  Since I felt fine, I would have gotten behind the wheel if I hadn't tested. Since I was running late, I almost didn't.
> And I hate that I always seem to eat too much when I feel low and later run high. So I bascially feel crappy for hours after some of the more drastic ones.
> I could deal with the testing and poking and carb counting, but I hate the way lows make me depend on other people and how I have to fight those rebounds.
> Sherry C
> >From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
> Where people from even smaller towns are impressed with our Mall and multiple McDonalds
> Boone,
     I just recently drove home from work (1/2 hour drive), started
dinner and then checked my BS to find that it was 17. God only knows how
I was able to drive home. I have  not had low BS symptoms for a long
time now and sometimes I can really scare myself!

Karen in North Pole, AK
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996