[IP] Talking about Lows

From: "Sharon Brousseau" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Low blood sugar thread

The low blood sugar topic is pretty scary for some people that are trying to
prevent the problem from happening. LBS is really dangerous and does some
pretty bad things to our (we that have D) bodies. I prefer not to hear about
it unless somebody is wondering what to do to prevent them, etc. Sharon B
I understand what you are saying, so I am not jumping on you at ALL, but I just wanted to say that this is one of the reasons I value this group.  I don't know anyone else I can talk to that understands when I talk about diabetes, lows, shots, highs, tubing changes, fear of complications, etc. There is no one else I feel can really understand these things. If I talk about how I felt as a child when I was upset and my parents said, "Oh, she must be low", who else understands that? That I felt like I shouldn't have feelings or be sad because that meant I must be sick? Who else can understand the feelings of resentment when you have to get up every few hours when testing your basals or when you feel humiliated when a low makes you act silly in front of strangers? (There are complete strangers out there who must think I am a heavy drinker).
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I feel like this is the perfect place to share these things. It's the only place many of us have.

Sherry C