Re: [IP] : Novolog

> Hi everyone.
> I've been using humalog for a couple years and the last year with
> the pump. Haven't had too many problems
> What is the major advantage over Novolog...SHould I start using
> Novolog..
> I would like to have some information here...thanks so much
Hi Jake,

A small percentage of people using Humalog have reported some
sensitivity problems ~6% as of November of last year. Typically the
side effects reported have been short infusion site life averaging 36
to 48 hours, sometimes redness of the site and general unstable bg's.
These effects seem to go away when they switch to Novolog. There are
only a few reports for Novolog users at this time, but it appears
that a few of them have similar problems. There is too little data to
cite any stats, however, it does appear that individuals are not
sensitive to both insulin analogs, only one. Now that there are two
fast acting products on the market, I would expect to see a decline
in the number of reports and in fact, since the introduction of
Novolog last year, the stats on the about page have declined from a
reported high of 6% of users reporting problems with Humalog to 3%.
At the same time, the reported usage of Novolog as an insulin of
choice in pumps has risen from 0% to 4%. Since the data comes
exclusively from forum members aware of the problems and choices
involving both products, it's probably safe to assume that the shift
in usage is related.