[IP] Number of Days

"I think filling a cartridge/syringe half full is just a marketing ploy to
sell more supplies."

"That may be true, but if I fill my syringe more than half full, instead of
changing my site every 4 or 5 days because I am out of insulin, I'll try to
push it "just another day" over and over, leaving my sites in as long as 8
or 9 days, which I have found makes my prior sites much slower to heal.  I
don't necessarily have site problems or any infections, I just get a small
open wound that doesn't "close" for 3-4 days, as opposed to just a little
dot of a scab after a day when I change at 4 or 5 days.. it's all about how
the skin reacts to the teflon, and after about 6 days for me it seems to try
to "heal" itself around the cannula, which in turn makes it slower to close
up when I remove the set."

I originally wrote the post about filling my resevoir completely full and
having it last 8 or 9 days.  Even though I do get the use of the complete
resevoir - I still do change my sites at least every 3 days.  I have weird
skin that develops scar tissue very quickly and if I don't change the site
every 2 1/2 to 3 days, my readings will shoot up and it also takes a long time
for the site to heal.  As long as I change the site regularly I don't have
problems.  You just disconnect, change the site, and then reconnect using the
insulin that is left in the resevoir.  This is the way my CDE showed me at my
first training session and it has always worked for me.  Saves on a lot of
insulin and a lot of resevoirs.