Re: [IP] Humalog vs. Novolog

> I'm still not clear on the difference between Humalog and Novolog. For
instance, I was under the impression Novolog was a little faster-acting.
Then someone told me today Humalog was a bit faster-acting than Novolog. Can
anyone explain the differences?

There are two answers to this question based upon two types of information.
Both manufactures have done controlled clinical trials where they measure
and report the average response curves for a number of people. This data is
available at www.novolog.com and www.humalog.com. The general conclusion is
that on average the two are similar but clearly different than Regular

The second type of information is anecdotal accounts from patients that have
used both. As you have noticed, some find Novolog faster than Humalog, some
see no difference and some find Humalog faster. This is probably consistent
for the individual variation seen with 2 substance that on average are

In other words - with out personal experience you should probably expect the
two to be similar but don't be too surprised if your response shows one to
be somewhat different than the other.