On 11 Jul 2002 at 19:57, Fran Baumgartner wrote:

> At 05:48 PM 7/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >"well why dont we see how you feel when this happens to you!!!  i have done
> >everything right & yes i do know how to delete my mail & clear it off !!!
> >that was not the problem with my mail not coming"
> >
> >I agree, I got "kicked off" for bounced mails from the "extra" e-mails the
> >list sends out.. I have ALWAYS had my subscription set to web only, but one
> >night road runner decided to take their mail servers down and guess what, it
> >was fundraising time so more than three messages got bounced back relating to
> >all the fundraising stuff, never mind that my mail box was NOT over it's
> >limit, the server was just down.  I never recieved any notification, I just
> >couldn't log in to read messages anymore, and it took me two months to get
> >back on the list, and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out why I'd
> >been kicked off.
> I bet this was very upsetting to you and as one of the Admins I am sorry it
> happened.  I must speak up for Michael, the owner of the list.  He has
> sacrificed so much for all of us to learn, grow, and make wonderful
> friendships. I was away for a while and am back doing my volunteering.  So
> far today I have spent nearly four hours doing my little piece of it.  This
> does not account for the work that is being done by the person who received
> the help email this week. I am not complaining at all, I just wish people
> could appreciate the magnitude of work and financial resources it takes to
> keep a list like this up and running.  If each and everyone of you could be
> an Admin for a Day, I truly believe you would have a much greater
> appreciation for what we do as well as what Michael has given us.
> Thank you,
> Fran
> One of the Volunteer Admins

I have to Second what Fran is saying here.  I am manning the HELP desk this week and I've put in a few hours during today and this evening.  I received one letter today
that said they had tried 3 times to unsubscribe.  This was the first time I had heard from them since I began work on Saturday.  Their unsubscription was done about 5
minutes after I read their letter.  Maybe they sent the other two to email @ redacted, who knows where they sent it?  But when you write to email @ redacted
pumpers.org  you will have some result within 24 hours.  You WON'T get an immediate result, we are human.  But if it hasn't happened within a day, then write back and
make sure you have the correct address.  It will be done.  That is as long as the Admin hasn't gone to the hospital in DKA themselves.     :>(

I just want everyone to know that we really do try to make this as easy as possible.  Sometimes we may fail, but hey, we are human.  We know that you have your failures
also and take this into account as much as we can and still keep the list operating as smoothly as possible.  So lets all keep each other in mind when these problems
arise.  Lets all try to help out and make for the best support for one another we can.

George Lovelace
IP HELP Admin this week