[IP] Exercise and Adrenalin Response

The diabetes and exercise website URL you gave is an excellent one, however
it does not deal with adrenal gland factors.  This may NOT be a common
problem for athletes with diabetes but for me and others like me the adrenal
glands kick into gear due to strenuous exercise, emotion or trauma.  The
average body (huh?) deals with the the rising BG when the liver dumps all
that 'sugar' into the body by producing more insulin or allowing you to burn
it off while being chased by raptors in Jurassic Park.  Not every diabetic I
know has high BG when they're angry but I do and what my poor body
interprets as strenuous might be a walk in the park for someone else.  This
is just my own little adendum to the exercise FAQ.  If the norepinephrine is
secreted by stimulated adrenal glands the body just sorta shuts down all
non-essential operations (like motor skills and gastrointestinal tract), the
brachioles enlarge to help you breathe (although I found this painfully so).
  I'm off to the endo's for adrenal lessons on Monday -  stay tuned.  Thanks
for your info.