Re: [IP] Re: arm testing

If you're using a One Touch type meter from lifescan, I've discovered a way to
complete a test on a strip that the meter didn't think there was enough blood
on.  It's sneaky, but it works:

1.  Perform your test as normal
2.  When the meter complains that there isn't enough blood, do the following:
    a)  Remove the failed test strip from the meter
    b)  Put more blood on the failed test strip
    c)  Put an unused strip back into the meter
    d)  Wait for it to tell you to put blood on the strip
    e)  Place the failed strip with more blood on it over the new strip (I
usually place it at a 45 degree angle so that I can manipulate both strips
easily)
    f)  Pull the new (unused) strip out, making sure you keep the sensor area
covered by the old strip (the meter should start counting down)
    g)  Slide the failed strip with more blood on it back into the meter
    h)  Let it finish counting down and you should get a decent result.

I won't claim that the resulting test is 100% the same as a strip that had been
done like normal, but over the last two years using a One Touch meter it has
worked fine.

As long as you do all of the above in a short period of time (less than 2
minutes) the reagents in the strip should still be happy.