[IP] Re: arm testing

I have had no luck with the Lifescan arm-piercing device either, I've tried
everything recommended -- I even had a woman at the Diabetes Expo show me how
it was supposed to work, but my arms don't seem to bleed.  I usually just end
up throwing perfectly good strips away (like they're free or something).
Since its a design flaw that the meter will initiate a test without an
adequate blood sample (other meters don't), I think Lifescan should agree to
replace the unsuccessfully used test strips, but its not something I ever felt
like pursuing.  My fingers are somewhat callused which makes it more difficult
to get a blood sample but not really any less painful.  However, the ability
to do arm testing seems to be a YMMV thing.

Does anyone know of any other alternative testing sites that are effective?

Scott  (Age 33, Dx'd T1 9/76 at age 7, pumping with Animas since 6/02)

 ... so far it is not going well; usually i have to stab the same place three
or four times before getting a decent sized sample ... tonight i went through
4 strips before finally getting a non-error message. it's really starting to
get on my nerves.

becky (dx'd T1 1/24/92 at age 10, pumping since 11/21/01)