[IP] lots of insulin in a day

>>>I agree that a 100 units a day is a lot. I am a type 2/15yrs, insulin
user 1 1/2 yrs and pump for 6 months and only use between 35-40 units a day
on the average. Are there anyother type 2's on this web site reading this?
How much do you average a day? >>>

Like comparing children with other children, it's really not a good idea to
compare insulin usage. We do not know how much a *normal* pancreas secretes
for a non-DMer, and DMers all have their own individual needs. If a large
amount is what is required to keep *you* in control, then that is what your
body requires. remember - YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) (~_^)

Always remember you're unique -- just like everyone else