[IP] all the diet talk

I have the kidney failure from diabetes but it was not caused by eating too
much protein.  Even when I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was always told to
eat enough protein - back then that was 3+ grams PER meal and snack - so
eating 3 big meals and 3 snack a day that was a8+ grams of protein a day -
and still with my renal failure I am still being told to eat enough protein.
All of my labs are normal and my endo and my nephrologist told me that if
they ever found out that I was on the Adkins diet that they would personally
kill me.  Not sure exactly why but I enjoy eating fruits and carbs too much
to ever want to try that diet anyway.................I could stand to loose a
few pounds but will do it the old fashion way and exercise it off!!!