Re: [IP] Dr Bernstaeins diet

>My cousin in Huston swears by Dr. Bernstein. she is always on his diet. She
>is lean and trim, plays golf several times a week. I swear at him.
>I think he is a Quack. You can't control type 1 without insulin. he gives
>the impression you can and you are a self indulgent slug if you can't. Had
>member of a friends family call me in tears because of his books. spot
>A. L. Bender, M. D.
>email @ redacted

Have you read the book?  He doesn't suggest any such thing.  He is a type I
himself.  He does advocate using as little insulin as possible for any given
meal by eating less carbohydrate and by exercising, but he never says
anything about type Is going without insulin.  In fact, I think he discusses
his own insulin use in the book.