RE: [IP] all the diet talk

On the topic of protein being tough on the kidneys, first of all, I would be
curious to know if anyone knows of a case of a person who believes or knows
that their kidney disease was caused by protien.  I've never heard of such a
case.  Second, for me personally, even if there is some chance that protein
is hard on my kidneys, I think it is worth the trade off because I KNOW that
high blood sugars are hard on kidneys and the only way that I have been able
to get good blood sugar numbers is by doing a fairly high protein diet.  So,
I figure I'm doing the best I can with the info I have (which doesn't
*strongly* indicate that protein will hurt my kidneys), as more info comes
in I will reevaluate...  It is kind of frustrating that there doesn't seem
to be any decent info out there about this.  I've seen a lot of claims about
how bad protein is, but, again, never heard of an actual case of someone
having kidney problems due to protein or even a study which found protein to
be harmful.  If anyone has such info, I'd love to know about it.