[IP] Diets

I have had quintuple bypass surgery and have been on many diets.  I am not
overweight and have had type 1 for 38 years. My cousin, who is a cardiologist,
suggested that I read "The Omega-3 Diet" and follow it.  It is an excellent
book and has scientific research to back it up.  It is balanced and includes
fats, but the healthy fats like salmon and olive oil.  Prior to this diet, I
followed Dean Ornish and felt totally deprived.  I also had my personal
cardiologist check this out.  she approved of it after reading the book.  It's
a balanced diet and contains all of the food groups in moderation.  My HbA1C's
have ranged from 5.8-6.2, my cholesterol has stabilized at 132, with the help
of some Zocor and my fear of all fats has been eliminated.  I only fear the
ones that clog your arteriesand many of them do.  Hope this helps some of