Re: [IP] Dr Bernstaeins diet

In a message dated 7/9/02 9:17:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> My cousin in Huston swears by Dr. Bernstein. she is always on his diet. She
> is lean and trim, plays golf several times a week. I swear at him.
> I think he is a Quack. You can't control type 1 without insulin. he gives
> the impression you can and you are a self indulgent slug if you can't. Had
> member of a friends family call me in tears because of his books. spot
> A. L. Bender, M. D.
> email @ redacted

What?  Gabe was Dr. Bernstein's patient for one year!!! We travelled to New
York and spent three days with Dr. Bernstein and then did phone consults.

Where did you get the idea about controlling Type I without insulin?  That is
not even close to correct.  In fact, we went to Dr. Bernstein originally
because the local endos thought we should kind of leave Gabe alone and not
try for control.  Only Dr. Bernstein was originally willing to really allow
us to use insulin to control b.g.

As for his diet and etc, please write me personally for my opinion on those
things; we no longer use his diet but I know his program intimately.