Re: [IP] all the diet talk

From: "Kat Grogg" <email @ redacted>
To: "insulin-pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:38 PM
Subject: [IP] all the diet talk

> I've been following the different posts on diets. I'm
> concerned about a couple of the questions, remarks...
> 1. Low carb diets and the Atkins diet are mentioned.
> Lots of protein is rough on the kidneys and these
> diets tend to be protein...and fat heavy...so not
> great for the heart either.

I workout and lift lots of weights and drink/eat lots of protein.  There is
no scientific study to show that high amounts of proteins are kidney
damaging. If it was, there would be lots of weight-lifters choosing other
hobbies. Currently I don't know any of my buddies who are having kidney
problems and have been bulking with protein for years.