[IP] all the diet talk

I've been following the different posts on diets. I'm
concerned about a couple of the questions, remarks...
1. Low carb diets and the Atkins diet are mentioned.
Lots of protein is rough on the kidneys and these
diets tend to be protein...and fat heavy...so not
great for the heart either.

someone responded that we need carbs - very true. Then
went on to say something like "when they are combined
with fruits and vegetables in the diet"......fruits
and veggies are carbs just like what I think they
meant to say are starches.

3. My input on this thread is check out Eating Well
for Optimum Health by Dr. Andrew Weil. If you choose
to eat his way, plan on phasing in his suggestions
with your eating style and preferences.

Do You Yahoo!?