Re:[IP] water/dehydration

>The rule of thumb in the medical community is 6 to 8> eight ounce glasses of
water per day......that's 48 to> 64 ounces, half gallon to a full gallon of
water per
day. <
>Anyone else read the Wall St. Journal article approx. 2 weeks ago that said
this was essentially "bunk" because there is no scientific proof about
dehydration and that the bottled water companies have pushed this idea to the
skies to promote their product(s).  Old wives tale?<

OK...call me old...but I remember this recommendation long before there were
'bottled water" companies.  I heard it in health class (elementary school)
and biology class (high school), and in physiology class (undergrad, and
graduate school). What scientific research did the WSJ cite?  Wonder how many
of the writers there have DM, renal failure, or experienced dehydration and
then checked their BG?

Just a curious BarbaraB.