[IP] Security at Post office

For the first time today, I went through strict security to buy stamps.  (My
work location is a block from the federal building, so that's where I
usually buy stamps).  Just like going into an airport--all of the metal into
a tray, anything you carry through the x-ray machine--and "Ma'am, you'll
have to take off your beeper."  He was polite and took it well when I
explained that it wasn't a beeper, but didn't seem to have any idea of what
an insulin pump was.  Ironically, the counter was "personed" by a man I know
well, because every year he and his wife are the prime organizers of a
karoake contest-dance-silent auction fundraiser dedicated to the memory of a
local d-jay who died from Type 1 complications.  Go figure, heh?