Re: [IP] Re: Rhonda, Harvey, and disconnecting at the beach

 hi...
you have to remember that after you bolus, you disconnect and take your pump
off...you have no insulin coming from anywhere else...as a type,I need
insulin...This just covers the"background insulin"(basal) I use humolog,by
the way...I was very scared at first also,because of the same reason...the
first time I did it I couldn't beleive it...it,(my BG) stayed steady...never
dropping...and it's always worked for me...and I think like Wayne
mentioned,I try to be over 100 ,at least 120 if I'm on the low side I take
less....like I said before...you have no other means of insulin,and your
body needs insulin to function...hope that I explained this some what...like
I said YMMV..and it works great for me.....best of luck...and if you want to
chat further e-mail me priveately......take care..!!!!!

RHonda